18 Mayıs 2011 Çarşamba

Oracle Business Intelligence 11g - How To Limit Data In Your Analyses? Part II

I’m going to demonstrate how to use prompts in an analysis in order to limit data. After I create the analysis, I check the result. Then click the “Prompt” tab and create 3 column prompts.  As a result end users are going to select the values from the dropdown list and eliminate the records based on the user selections. In the first dropdown list, they will select the “Company” then “Organization” and at last “Department”.









































The last example is about the selections. So I create a report with 4 columns and grand totals. 













I expand the selection steps section to edit the selections. And edit the selections.  I select the “Start with selected members” from the actions dropdown list and add two departments. You’ll see that the grand total is changed.































In the last example I’m going to show you how to use remove action in the selections. It starts with all members and remove one member in the second step. As a result the selections are applied after the aggregation and the grand total isn’t changed.