27 Mayıs 2010 Perşembe

OBIEE PLUS - Customizing User Interface

OBIEE lets you to customize the user interface. I’m going to demonstrate this customization and change the logo in the dashboard. The user interface files are located in the OracleBI installation folder. Path is “OracleBI\web\app\res”

First, I’m going to copy one of the existing folder. I used the copy of the s_Siebel77.

















Then rename the new folder as “s_CustomStyle”. The folder name should start with “s_”.

















You’ll find the banner file in the “s_CustomStyle”.









So I’m going to use paint.exe to modify the existing bg_Banner.gif file. After modifying this file, I restart the “Oracle BI Presentation Server” service.






Then I log in to the Presentation Server.











And edit the dashboard from the “Page Options”. In the dashboard properties I’m going to change “style” attribute to “CustomStyle” which is the name of the folder.









As a result, I can see the new logo in the dashboard.