26 Mayıs 2010 Çarşamba

OBIEE PLUS - Write Back Option

I’m going to explain the steps for enabling write back option in a request. It’s easy to implement this feature with OBIEE Plus.


First of all, I create a table named “Sales”. The output of the query is below:











Next step is to import the table definition into the repository of OBIEE. Important point is I disable the cache option of the physical table in the *.rpd file.




















I add the physical table to the BMM layer and I don’t configure the default aggregation rule for the column “Dollars”. So aggregation rule is set to “None”. As it is below:










Then I add the logical table to presentation layer in order to let end users to access this table. I finish my task in the rpd file.


Now the next step will be creating a simple request in the “Answers” section.









Then I change column properties of “Dollars” and set the type property to “Write back” in the value interaction section.




















Then I check the result set of the query by accessing the “Results” tab. I just enable the write back option.


















After enabling write back option, I set the attributes of this feature:











And the last step in the Answers section is to save the request. So the view of the request is changed.


















Now here is the important step. I create a xml file in the custom messages folder.












Of course the contents of the xml file is very important. I only want to update the existing row. So that’s why I only use “Update” statement in the XML file. This content of the file is case sensitive.











Then I restart Oracle BI Presentation Server.







And I can change the values in the tables by using OBIEE.