15 Eylül 2010 Çarşamba

Oracle Business Intelligence 11g - Installation Steps I

After I extract the downloaded installation files, I’m going to create the repository for the Business Intelligence tool. In order to create the repository, there is a tool named “Repository Creation Utility” so I’m going to run this executable: rcu.bat















When I run rcu.bat file, it warns me about the resolution. So I just skip that warning.











The next window is the welcome window. So I easily skip this step, too.
















Then it asks for the creating repository or the dropping repository option. It’s new installation and no repository exists in the database. I select create option to create the repository.















In the database connection window, I specify the connection string, database username and password.















The installer checks the character set of the database and shows a warning dialog box. I ignore that warning. Normally UTF8 is recommended.











The installer checks the prerequisites of the repository creation. It is highly recommended that all the steps should pass the minimum configuration.










Then in the “Select Components” window, I select the Oracle Business Intelligence as a component. It automatically selects other dependent components, too. And the installer sets the schema owners of the components that will be installed.















Then another prerequisite check comes. I simply click “OK” button.









Then I set the tablespaces for the repository tables. One for Metadata Services and one for Business Intelligence Platform.















Then it warns you that the specified tablespaces don’t exist in the database and it’s going to create them. So I just click “OK” to continue.












It creates tablespaces.








In the Summary page, I confirm the components, schema owners and tablespaces.














Then it creates the repository.