14 Ekim 2010 Perşembe

Oracle Business Intelligence 11g - Create a Report




  In my previous posts, I wrote an article about how to start BI Services by using WebLogic Console. Now in this post, I’m going to focus on analysis. Formerly known as Requests. So first I login to Oracle Business Intelligence from the address below:









After I enter the credentials, the first page appears on the screen is the “Home Page”.















On the left part of the screen, you’ll see some shortcuts for mostly used features. Analysis and Interactive Reporting section is the link that I’ll start. As I click the link a new question comes on the screen about the “Subject Area”. I’m going to use the “Sample Sales Lite”.












In the subject area section, you’re going to see the table names, column names and also hierarchy names. So this is the first difference with the previous version. You can see the details of the hierarchies and their levels before accessing the data.



I simply drag the columns from the Subject Area pane to the analysis as usual. And add some filters to eliminate some of the rows. 



















Here is the first analysis  in the compound layout with the Title and Table views included.















 Then I add a Chart view to my sample analysis and configure the chart properties by setting the measure labels, chart type and size etc.. Then I just save the analysis.