16 Ekim 2010 Cumartesi

Oracle Business Intelligence 11g - Authentication and Creating Users

Now it comes to user authentication in Oracle Business Intelligence 11g. As you already see the installation steps, OBI is installed with the integration of WebLogic Server. Although there’s a repository file which is created by default as sample, you need to create user account in the WebLogic Server. You’ll have a chance for accessing the list of users in the repository file (*.rpd). You still edit the repository by using the BI Administration tool. But creating the user is done through the WebLogic Server Console. First I login to WebLogic console.

















I open the BI Administration Tool and open the repository in “Online” mode. When you click the manage menu on the tool bar, you’ll see the “Identity” management which about security, user accounts and permissions etc. It’s the same as Security Manager in the 10g version with some exceptions. I can see the list of users and groups but don’t have any option to create the user object.


















So that’s why I goto Security Realm in the WebLogic Console. In the “Users and Groups” tab, you’ll see the users and groups tabs. I click the new button and start to create the user.



















First I specify the username and password. And set the authentication provider. 

















Next step is related with the group membership. I make the new user as a member of BI Administrators group. Then save the changes. 



















After creating the new user, I can see the user in the identity manager (security manager). In addition to that list, I can successfully login to the BI server with the new user.